Friday, June 15, 2012

Why so angry little baby?

          Why do people get so mad about trivial things. Yes we all get mad, in fact I've been labeled as "the angry black man", but I don't spazz out or start cursing things , like the t'v, the wall or the air out. I used to have problems with my anger that have lead to some regrettable action and/or words, but with time and self reflection I have learned how to deal with it better. I'm not perfect but at least I'm a work in progress. I don't believe in "that's the way that I am", no that's the way you wanna be and if you wanna be that way I will not deal with it, NOPE! I hate dealing with other people's anger because it makes me angry and I don't need any extra stress in my life. I have enough dealing with DWI and my job as a medical bill collector. A lot of those people need anger management. Cursing me out, and slamming the phone is not gonna get your bill out of collections. Talking about it and and trying to come up with a solution will.  From what I hear were a pretty nice agency compared to some of the other hard asses out there.  You wouldn't believe how angry some people get even when your not trying to collect and just get the insurance info so you can bill it. I swear sometime the people are fucking retards.I choose a long time ago not to let my anger define me and to make it my least used emotion. Sometimes I lose that battle and I'm disappointed and embarrassed with myself, especially when alcohol is involved. Even if I'm mad i'd rather talk about it (and yes there will be some snip in my tone), than go around being angry. Cause once I've got it out, I'm over it. One thing used to do in high school was just get up and walk away when ever someone pissed me off. That gave me time to calm down, think about what just happened, decide how I wanted to handle it. Once I felt ready I'd go back and with a clear head say what I had to say. Don't let it go for the moment and wait till something else happen so you can run off a list of past offense. Wanna know why? Because chances off they will have either forgotten or cast them off as bullshit because you never said anything and you will come off looking like a crazy bitch. Holding on to things is just not me. I've definitely alienated people with this way of handling, but most people like it. I got it from my mama and she got it from hers. So if your angry find a friend, flesh it out, smoke some weed, have a fucking drink and sleep on it but for an hour max. I'm sure you feel better when you wake up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment